Friday, October 30, 2009

new handguns

A New Jersey appeals court has concluded that Americans have no Second Amendment right to buy a handgun. In a case decided last week, the superior court upheld a state law saying that nobody may possess "any handgun" without obtaining ...But New Jersey Appellate Division Judge Stephen Skillman wrote on behalf of a unanimous three-judge panel that Heller a�?has no impact upon the constitutionality ofa�? the state law. That's because, Skillman said, the Supreme Court did not ...N.J. Court Says Americans Have No Right To Buy Handguns A New Jersey appeals court has concluded that Americans have no Second Amendment right to buy a handgun. In a case decided last week, the superior court upheld a state law saying ...When I first met Gregg on the web he was doubtful of the possibilities of specialty pistols at longer distances, but that has changed since this past Saturday.... or build a self-defense handgun with the latest tactical features. Check out our huge line of hand gun Parts in our Newest 1911 Catalog a�� our biggest ever! Watch for your copy in the mail or visit the new Brownells.com. ...I took them to the range today and I feel like I have a new lease on pistol shooting. Last week merely firing ten rounds of common 9mm hardball sent me howling. But today, with the glove on my shooting hand only, I fired 55 rounds of ...N.J. Court Says Americans Have No Right To Buy Handguns. October 28, 2009 by Declan McCullagh. A New Jersey appeals court has concluded that Americans have no Second Amendment right to buy a handgun. In a case decided last week, ...Securing the handgun container to the suitcase frame may be common knowledge to experienced CHL travelers, but not intuitively obvious to new CHL holders who wish to travel to other locations by air. It may be worth mentioning to new ...New and used guns and rifles plus antique guns, live bait and ammunition. ... Ludco Gun Shop located in Parker City, Indiana :: New Guns :: Used Guns :: Live Bait. Home About Handguns Long Guns/Rifles/Shotguns Trapping Supplies Live ...I'm wanting to my a .22 for target practice, however, I don't know where to start.
hi Guys well uhh i am stuck in silent hill 3 for the ps2! i have.....
Items: bleach and walnut and bullet proof vest and flashlight and radio and house key and pendant that's my items weapons........
Weapons: Handgun and Knife those are my Weapons here is my health.......
Health: Yellow that's my health here are my Supplies
Supplies: 1 health drink that's it now time for the information!!!
Information: I am in 2F in the mall Nightmare Version of the mall and i saved where the broken TV was and now i don't know where to go! guides i don't understand so please step by step tell me! thanks i really do like this Game and please do Answer if it worked then i will give you Best answer!!!!!! 10 points for you no! 12 points!!!!! thanks! for the help
P.S. if you have a Youtube account i will Subscribe!


I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD HELP ME WITH THIS. THANKS!


A criminal, who is being sought as a prison escape was at the time of his escape serving a lengthy sentence for murder. He is believed to be armed with handguns and a 9 millimeter rifle. He may be a drug user.


a.provide extra details about the fugitive, such as his family background, education, general state of mind.

b.fill in the possible details of his escape: where? From whom? When? How?

c.Imagine how he committed his original crime of murder, and why

d.Think of three different headlines for a report on the escape.
answer each one please

its not a multiple choice


All I want to know is how liable I am. It's all in their rooms.





The idea goes back to the old west. Simplify your ammo needs by going with one cartridge that will fire in both your rifle and handgun.

So what would you choose? Name the model of the rifle/carbine and handgun and pick your cartridge that would be fired in both.

I would go with an Olympic Arms AR-15 and Glock 20 SF in 10mm. If someone made a carbine for the 9x25 Dillon, then better yet.


I am a beginner hunter (familiar with handguns, but not rifles) and don't want to spend a lot of money until I'm sure this is something I want to do long-term. I know I'm going to have to spend at least $200 on a decent scope, so would like to hear opinions as to why you recommend each rifle. Links would be greatly appreciated as well.

I know I want synthetic. Stainless or black barrel, doesn't really matter, but like the look of stainless. My friends have told me that 270 is a good all around rifle for deer, hogs, and just about anything else I will probably cross in the areas I'll be hunting, but am not opposed to other calibers either as long as they are not smaller than 270.

I appreciate your help.


I am looking to buy a handgun that fires metal BB's or pellets. However, the most I've been able to find is ones that hold 17 BBs. I am buying this as a non-lethal defense against dogs (chows and rottweilers) that are let to run loose on my street where I walk my dog (a 6 month old boxer) on a leash. Multiple calls to enforce leash law has gone unanswered.

I would like to have more around 25 or 30 shots, something to scare/sting them and give me a chance to create some distance and whatever. Any suggestions on a decent one to purchase?



Whats the best semi auto handgun to get for under three hundred dollars?


Glock 17
Beretta 92fs
Browning Hi-power
FNP-9
Kahr MK9


Which would you pick and why?

I would pick the FNP-9 because I like how the grip fits my hand.
Edit: knew i missed one of the major brands.

Springfield. XD


There was a question about how to prepare for recession and the answers were overwhelmingly "Stockpile Ammo"! Not "Invest in gold or foreign currency" etc... The answer in the US for everything seems to be get a gun! It's not even a financially rational investment if you buy when it's high and when the economy stabilizes to sell it off.

"I also hear things like, without guns, there's no freedom" - I've lived in many countries that ban guns and they're all quite free.

"If everyone had guns, you could stop a mall shooter before he kills too many people" - I find this statement jaw dropping.

"I need guns to feed myself" - No, no you don't.

"Police response time is too slow" - So pull out a gun and confront the criminal right away and amp up the situation? Go all John Wayne? Come on cowboy, you know you likely don't have the balls / the criminal takes and uses it on you / you can't get to it / you shoot somebody's kid dared into stealing some CD's etc... Cops are trained.

"We won't be able to fight the government" - If the government turns on you, and your sons, fathers, brothers in the US armed forces turn their guns on you, you clearly have bigger issues to worry about than having a handgun.

I mean, I find these pro-gun arguments hysterical. 30,000+ people in the US die every year from guns. Aside from the approx 28,000 suicides, over 11,000 die by gun assisted homicide and out of those less than 200 have any relation to self-defense.

There is overwhelming evidence that more guns = more murders. The US has more murders per capita than any other western country and 2,000,000 prisoners. They also have more handguns (more than one per person in circulation) than anyone. It doesn't cause crime? They'd do it with a knife then? How many people would try to pull off a bank heist with a bowie knife? Some maybe, but how many would be successful? How many spree killing would there be with hammers?

Is it just that guns are so f-ing cool? How cares what the realities are, I gotta have one?
"The 2nd Amendment says I can have one" - First off, so what? If the 2nd amendment said go jump off a cliff would you do that too? Second, no it doesn't, it says "...a well armed militia..." are any of you in a Militia?
The "Wise" Cat: "
Youve never been confronted with someone with a gun and dint have your own did you.." - Actually I have, it was a .22. I'd prefer it never happens again. I'd prefer the a-hole that pointed at me was not granted access to guns so he couldn't bring them to house parties and scare the sh!t out of people. Try telling the cops and see if they care to take his gun away when you complain about that situation until he finally blows some kids head off.

"You also ignore that More Guns - Less Crime." - That's just completely wrong if you care to know: www.nationmaster.com
I would also tell you that my cousin blew his best friends head off playing Russian Roulette drunk in the woods with 6 other guys when he was a teenager. He spent 2 years in prison for that. He will never be the same. He got the gun from his dad as a present. What a gift! You see, when the blowhards try to convince you only criminals kill, it's always after the fact, they weren't criminals before hand duh!


You don't own your property. Stop paying property taxes and see what happens. The government will take it away faster than Stalin.

You can't build an addition on your house without permission.

In California now you can't even smoke in your own home.

In Texas, plain clothes police are arresting people for being drunk in the bar.

If you don't put on a bicycle helmet, you get fined.

Most places you can't have a beer outside.

Hiring quotas dictate who you can and can't hire.

You only ever have one of two options of parties to elect and the only insight that can be gleaned from watching the American 2 party system is that there really is no choice. They continue the same policies.

So what makes Americans believe they are the "Freest Country on Earth" other than handguns?


who makes a good 9mm handgun? not necessarily cheap, but good quality and reliable. Manufacturers, makes, models are all welcome. thanks


I'm writing a book (don't ask)......
anyways...
I need to know what the legal age is to carry a handgun in the UK.

Thanks!!
Cheers from the USA!
Seriously?
You cannot carry a handgun?
WOW...
My book is going to have to change quite a bit...


Residents of a Burlingame, California neighborhood were exasperated to learn that Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Jackson would again take his Beretta 92FS 9MM handgun out trick or treating on Halloween night.

a�?He does this every year,a�? said Jacksona��s neighbor, Wanda Myers. a�?I keep telling him that the candy is FREE. He doesna��t need to wave a gun in my face to get a Reesea��s Peanut Butter Cup.a�?








IN Florida is it illegal for someone under 21 to own a pistol as long as they don?t buy it from an FFL?


I live and have an ID from Massachusetts. I want to buy a handgun. Which is the best and easy way?


I use to be a machinist and just can't get over the metal vs polymer fight.


A hypothetical question. Suppose someone was 302'd (involuntary commitment to a mental hospital) at age 15 by their parents (not by a court) and has had a pristine record ever since. Is that person still permitted to purchase a firearm as an adult, or do they have to get the 302 expunged first?


OK, so a friend of mine revealed a slightly horrifying fact to me the other day.

His uncle went to prison, convicted of spousal abuse and resisting arrest. He says his uncle claims he just had her in a headlock, and not a choke hold like the local police claim.

His uncle is a Vietnam veteran, ex marine, and has had many surgeries on his back, and is in pain constantly, taking large amounts of hospital-grade prescription pain killers (Morphine doesn't even work on him anymore).

My buddy told me the other day that a gun case and ammo for a gun, judging from the ammo a winchester revolver 38, appeared in the living room a few days ago, the room where, 'coincidentally', his uncle spends most of his time. Now, the only other people who live in the house, is an 80 something year old WWII vet who can barely get up anymore and can't even properly hold a cup of coffee; his 60 something year old grandmother; and himself, where as he's just year below being able to legally own a handgun.

The location is California...

I'm wondering if the family, which is nigh dependent on the checks that comes in for the uncle to stay afloat, will be convicted or charged for harboring something illegal. Two things, actually.

Far as I can tell, my friend seems to be afraid of his uncle snapping one day with the narcotic pain killers he's been prescribed (though he takes more than the recommended dosage), like he did with his wife, and killing them all... Particularly because he has gone on semi-psychotic and paranoid rants, three of which I've been present too, mostly concerning with the family is trying to get rid of him or his dog (which he treats more like a son than a dog).

Now, I know the man, my buddy and I have been friends for years... The old guy's a lying, exaggerating, "I've got the biggest and best stories and I'm better than all of you" macho, as well as racist, mentality.. Never mind the fact that my pal's girlfriend is half Mexican, and he's make several racist comments to me already.

Personally, I'm concerned for my friend's safety, as well as his grandmother's, they're cool people... But with the economy as it is, particularly in California, and the fact that he can't even get his foot in the door of the job market... Meaning that they're practically dependent on his uncle's checks to keep the power on and the food on the table... I'm not sure if I want to call the police for fear of getting all of them convicted, or winding up homeless.

So, please, I have to know... Would him and his grandmother (great grandfather's pretty much got Alzheimer's, so I don't think he's got anything to worry about) get in trouble if I were to call the cops?

Legal profession only please, like lawyers, veteran cops, etc. Non legal professionals will be ignored...

To make sure that people have actually read this, please include WTF045 at the end or beginning of your answer. Too many people on here answer after reading just two or three sentences.


I was arrested a while ago for possession of marijuana, and have been clean for awhile since. I recently purchased a new handgun from a pawn shop in Kansas. I was delayed but they still sold it to me after the waiting period was over. I have little knowledge of kansas firearm law until now and have no wish to break the law. If it is indeed illegal for it to have been sold to me, how to i get into compliance?



*an already once convicted felon


I found out recently that my bf bought a gun. I asked him when did you get the license? And he said he didn't. Then I asked him how did he manage to get a gun but he just ignores it.


ive had the gun since august, its a 44.magnum desert eagle spring handgun.It shoots at about 290 fps and holds 28 bbs.today i was gonna shoot some cans but when i shot once the bb shot out of the barrel VERY slow like 2-4 fps, whats wrong with the gun and can i fix it?





I just reviewed the laws regarding the transportation of firearms in one's vehicle. The regulations regarding concealable handguns are much more restrictive than those for long guns. I know that it is unlawful to possess a loaded weapon of any kind in one's car in the state of CA (unless you have a CCW permit). So my question is this. Is it legal to carry an UNLOADED shotgun in one's backseat and keep ammo in the glove compartment (or anywhere not attached to the gun) in California?
By unloaded I mean no ammo attached to the gun. However, I also meant to imply that the shotgun would not have a trigger lock.
I was aware of being able to keep a shotgun in the trunk, separate from the ammo. I've gone to the range many times. I was just wondering whether or not one could transport an unloaded, uncased and unlocked shotgun WITHIN REACH inside the vehicle with ammo also in the vehicle. Why? In case crime and violence reach a point where it would be better to have it close by rather than not when driving somewhere. It could deter a carjacking or serve as a means of protecting oneself or others from imminent violence.


Remember Dark Shadows, and the Dream Curse that Angelique the witch whipped up to terrorize everybody and turn Barnabas back into a vampire? How'd it go?

Through sight and sound and faceless terror
Through endless corridors by trial and error
A blazing head of light doth burn
And one door leads to the point of return ...

What if Jason goes to sleep one night, and he hears a soft, mellow voice:

Through sight and sound and faceless terror
Through endless corridors by trial and error
A blazing head of light doth burn
And one door leads to the point of return ...

Actually, it would probably start with Morgan having the dream. He walks through all of the corridors of his house, and when he opens the door at the very, very end ... Michael is standing there?

The Dream Curse is then passed to Michael, who has the same dream. But when he opens the door at the end of the corridor, Kristina is standing there. So Kristina has the dream the next night, and when she opens the door, Sonny is standing there?

When Sonny opens the door the next night, he passes the Dream Curse to Jason. Then Jason has the dream, and when he opens the door at the end of the corridor ... a handgun is there!

He wakes up in a cold sweat, not knowing the meaning of the dream; but the next night, the same thing. He walks the long, long halls of the corridor, holding the handgun; and this time when he opens the door ...

Both Claudia Zacchara and Faith Roscoe are standing there with a blaze of unholy light upon their faces, smirking at him!

And he realizes that the soft, taunting voice in the Dream Curse is that of Faith Roscoe!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





i have read a few different things on the internet. but i haven't found anything from a State or government site stating that your handgun must be concealed. if anyone could send me a link showing the law of what is correct, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,


It happened at about 11 o clock in McDonald's, where I work, 2 guys in hoodies and masks walked in one with a pistol (could have been fake) and one with a 12" blade, the guy with the blade hops on the counter and I drop the sweeping brush im using and run out the front door to call the police, I hear the rest of the story from those who remained in the restraunt:

They tell everyone to get down, kick in the door of the managers office push the manager to the floor, shout for money which is kept in the safe and cannot be opened, and so hop out the drive-thru window with no money and run off....

The police show up soon afterwards but no arrests were made and so i did a little detective work and inquired into one of my friends that another robbery took place months ago on a drug dealers house involving 2 guys one with a pistol and one with a 12" blade, Because it was a dealers house the robbery was never reported but prior to the robbery this particular guy was asking my friend for info about the house, definetly suspicious....

The next day im talking to a different friend and he says that while driving in his car the night of the robbery he sees this guy (who is the same guy we know to have robbed the drug dealer) drive up the road at a high speed with all his lights off...further suspicion...

So what to do with this info? i cannot prove it although its highly likely this guy did it in my opinion, so its unlikely he would be convicted, plus any testimony against him will only jeopordise myself along with anyone else that gave me info (12"'s Blade and a handgun !!!) not only this but testifying would also be admitting that my friend did infact give the info that resulted in the armed robbery of the drug dealer....


What possible penalties would a 17 yr old face for just being in possesion of a loaded handgun in Kentucky, any jail time? How much? And also what if you were 18?


Is it legal for a citizen to have a loaded handgun inside their vehicle in the state of Wyoming without any kind of license or permit for it?


So just over a day ago, or more accurately around 30 or so hours ago I shot a real rifle and a real handgun for the first time in my life. Besides one time with a 22 rifle and one time with a 12 gauge rifle I have never shot guns before. I don't know what the exact type of guns I shot were but I will give as much information as I can. The rifle was a semi-automatic ex military rifle with a non-wooden stock... and the handgun was a 9mm if im not mistaken. First off I WAS OUTSIDE, but had no ear protection (I know it was dumb i didn't know better). I think I shot around 2 or 3 clips from the rifle, roughly 25 shots... maybe less; and about 3 clips so around 20-30 shots from the handgun.
After I was done my left ear was almost deaf, and my right also very hard to hear out of. Everything that I heard sounded twangy almost like metal (if i snapped it sounded like my fingers where metal...) Within a couple of hours my right ear was getting back to normal, and no more ringing. But now, 30 hours after, my left ear has gotten much better, still a small bit of ringing, but I still can't hear out of it to well. Everything just sounds dampened somewhat. Keep in mind it has gone from not being able to hear much at all to just a dampened sound... but I'm really scared that my hearing might not come back. I'm joining the NAVY and within around another 1 week or 2 I have to have a hearing test done, AND have normal hearing. So do you think it will come back after a couple more days... or did my first time really shooting guns give me permanent hearing loss? Right now it feels and I hear as if there was some water in my ear in a way. And please if you repond to this give me a way to help maybe make it heal better, or a method to aid in some way, instead of saying nah your screwed please lol.


So just over a day ago, or more accurately around 30 or so hours ago I shot a real rifle and a real handgun for the first time in my life. Besides one time with a 22 rifle and one time with a 12 gauge rifle I have never shot guns before. I don't know what the exact type of guns I shot were but I will give as much information as I can. The rifle was a semi-automatic ex military rifle with a non-wooden stock... and the handgun was a 9mm if im not mistaken. First off I WAS OUTSIDE, but had no ear protection (I know it was dumb i didn't know better). I think I shot around 2 or 3 clips from the rifle, roughly 25 shots... maybe less; and about 3 clips so around 20-30 shots from the handgun.
After I was done my left ear was almost deaf, and my right also very hard to hear out of. Everything that I heard sounded twangy almost like metal (if i snapped it sounded like my fingers where metal...) Within a couple of hours my right ear was getting back to normal, and no more ringing. But now, 30 hours after, my left ear has gotten much better, still a small bit of ringing, but I still can't hear out of it to well. Everything just sounds dampened somewhat. Keep in mind it has gone from not being able to hear much at all to just a dampened sound... but I'm really scared that my hearing might not come back. I'm joining the NAVY and within around another 1 week or 2 I have to have a hearing test done, AND have normal hearing. So do you think it will come back after a couple more days... or did my first time really shooting guns give me permanent hearing loss?


im wondering if you guys can help me. its my first gun so it doesn't need to cost too much. but something that will last me awhile and i'll have fun shooting. i was thinking of a glock 17


i just want a gun thats fun to shoot not too expensive to shoot or buy im thinking about a .44 magnum, or a 1911 .45, or a remington 700 30-06 or any other suggestions u may have? and they have to be california legal under $900








I don't want to try and test this out in real life, for obvious reasons, and I've considered sending my question to Mythbusters, but I don't think I would get a quick response, which is what I'd like.

So here's the scenario: A lighter is being tossed into the air from a few stories up. A person below, armed with a handgun, sees it and fires at it.
Will the lighter, assuming it is hit, simply release the gas inside, explode, or will it turn into a little fireball?

Thanks for any help!
OK, thanks for the info!
What if it was a metal lighter? Any difference between that and plastic?


Mines wants something i sure as hell don't want to give him a handgun. Hell no i was thinking about an outfit or two and some Jordan's. Now he wants a coffee maker and a toaster over??? I was shocked so what should I get him? I feel like it should be something I want to give him not what he asks for that is the whole point of christmas looking forward to what your mate gets you. Any suggestions....


Is there anyway i can buy a handgun in california when i'm only 18?


Is there anyway i can buy a handgun in california when i'm only 18?


I having problems with the fear, im on normal difficulty, i dont know how to beat him, i only have a handgun, no thermal goggles or anything... everytime i see him i go to shoot and he jumps off... i mean wtf am i supposed to do?? everytime he goes to eat he sprints way too fast for me to hit him, as soon as i take aim hes off.

Am i missing something here?? how can i beat this guy!!??


What is needed to buy handguns in Arizona at a gun store? Will background check be done for shotguns?


Is it legal for a citizen to have a loaded handgun inside their vehicle in the state of Illinois without any kind of license or permit for it?


I live in Idaho and have a concealed weapons permit so i have carried every day for the last 5 years, I miss San Diego and want to return but I have questions about firearms considering i have grown accustomed to having them with me all the time. First the shotgun question I have a shotgun that I sawed off the barrel to 18.5 inches just above legal and have a pistol grip on but i was worried that since I modified the barrel myself it may still be illegal. also can i keep this under the seat of my truck if it is unloaded? Also I had a couple questions about handguns first of all i know you have to lock them in a case while in the cab of my truck, if locked in a case do they need to be unloaded? also do i need to keep the magazines somewhere else, or is in the case ok? If i decide to open carry my pistol do i need to step out of my parked car to remove it from the case and holster it? or can i do that while sitting in the car? And one final question I have a kel-tec .380 which has a belt clip like a pocket knife, can i just clip this to my belt and leave the magazine in my pocket or do I need a physical holster? Oh one more thing when carrying my 9mm in a holster are there any certain parts of the gun that the holster has to cover or does it require a strap? I like the very minimalistic xd subcompact holsters but dont want to be in the wrong.

Thanks for your patience
Erik
I know its restrictive but i cant picture myself never carrying again I thought of one more question as well I know you can open carry with a belt holster but what about a shoulder holster? An uncovered shoulder holster is considered open carry in Idaho but then again its the wild west up here

No comments:

Post a Comment