Friday, October 30, 2009

45 caliber handguns

The EAA Witness/Tangfolio is a multi-caliber, multi-size platform/pistol. It has 9, .40, 10, and .45. It has compact, full-size, and competition size. It has all-metal and polymer frames. It has rails and no-rails. You can get SA, ...I am asking for help because I have no idea what model it is, what company made it, or even what caliber it is. I dropped a .45ACP into the cylinder and it fit pretty well so it's at least a .45 caliber but that's the best I could do. ...Schematics of a modified receiver for the model 1911 .45 caliber pistol. The plans were designed by D32 Minor Caliber Group.Police recovered from them a .45 caliber pistol with seven bullets inside and a magazine owned by former PO1 Aradanas. Aradanas failed to show a license to carry a gun. Dandan said they were tipped off that a Honda Civic, ...OK, what I DON'T want to do is start the a�?which is the best handgun calibera�? debate. So, I'll just limit this to perhaps the three most common nowadays (at least for pistols, as opposed to revolvers a�� which is another topic I want to avoid) : 9 mm, ... There usually isn't THAT MUCH of a price difference between the three, though 9 mm is usually the least expensive and .45 is the most expensive. Note that as of September 2009, .40 cal ammo is probably the easiest to find. ...M1911 Pistol a�� Highly customized M1911 are favored for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be available on March 2, 2010 in North America for the Xbox 360A� videogame and ...... names on the 1876-era Soldier Monument because Rod Serling told us that they went through The Twilight Zone to help General George Custer fight the Indians...with their 45 caliber handguns and post WWII tactics...and died there. ...My wife and I really enjoy camping and hiking and if I don't get a long gun for HD my 2nd gun might get a larger caliber handgun for occasional backwoods open carry. This might be a large revolver or a 10mm auto. .... I do, however, keep my phone and flashlight on the night stand with the 45. Also remember HD other than guns. You should not have to sleep with a gun under your pillow or anything like that. Remember to secure your position such that you will have time to be ...A third federal charge filed in Maine charges Stickney with being a felon in possession of a firearm because he had a Colt .45 caliber pistol in his possession. He was considered a felon because of both a previous arson conviction from ...He shot Helen Burke, who was pregnant, with a .45-caliber Ruger semiautomatic handgun as she sat at the lobby desk. The gunshot paralyzed her from the waist down. He then quickly shot and wounded two men who came to the woman's aid. ...
Butte, Montana
November 5, 2007

Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen .45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David O'Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news.......an 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home, and herself......against two murderous, illegal immigrants.....and she wins,

She is still alive.

Now that is Gun Control!


I've been researching and trying out different handguns for about a year now. I'm comfortable shooting my husband's Springfield 1911, .45, and have also shot a Glock 17, 9mm. I'm very impressed with the reviews on the Sig P226 and plan on trying it the next time I go to the range. I don't know which caliber I'd like though. Ideally, I'll try both. I purchased .40cal ammo to take with me, and will probably purchase 9mm at the range if they have the weapon in both calibers. Which do you prefer, and is the recoil much different than a 1911 .45?

Also, I had an ongoing issue with the Glock 17 jamming up on me. Never happened with the 1911, but the guys at the range said the Glock is sensitive to a loose grip. I felt like I was strangling it, lol, but it still jammed. It was clean and in good condition. Like I said, I never had an issue with the heavier 1911. I did like the hand feel of the Glock though...


If I have a shotgun in .410 caliber, it can also chamber and safely shoot .45 colt, right? (assuming choke isn't an issue)
But I recently learned it may also be able to chamber .454 casull and .460 S&W magnum?
the above two share a similar case with .45 colt, the parent case of the 460 is the 454 and the 454 was born out of the 45 colt case.

since its a shotgun, the shotgun chamber (3") would be large enough to chamber the 3 different handgun cartridges?

what about pressure? even though its always best to only shoot what the gun is specifically chambered for, could most .410 shotguns safely shoot .454 casull and 460 magnum?

if all of the above is true, I think I found myself a new paw/survival gun!


Hello,

I am a 26yo Marine Corps infantry veteran, recent college graduate, and soon to be newly-wed. While I was in the USMC I had qualified both rifle and pistol expert. When I got out I moved to VA and purchased a .45(ACP) caliber pistol while in college, and continued to go to the range with it at least once or twice a month. As of graduation I plan to move back to my home state of IL, right outside of Chicago with my soon-to-be wife for a job opportunity. Now I am planning on purchasing a Mossberg 500 Field/Security combo for hunting and home defense in IL, mainly to give off the impression of a happy household. I also do not wish to register my pistol as VA has no registration laws, but IL does. While my fiance is generally not controlling, nor would she try to control me in this matter, I am sure she would have a little more peace of mind(especially if we have children in the future) with a legal shotgun in the gun cabinet, as opposed to an unregistered handgun. My plan is to lock my pistol up in its case and another lock box, and store it somewhere very hidden in our residence for a possible but not probable worst case scenario, and not for home defense. As it will be unregistered, I plan on only taking it out for immediate cleaning. My question is if say in 10 years hurricane Katrina x1000 comes through and ravages the country or something of that nature, registered guns are temporarily confiscated by authorities, and I have a need to use my pistol again, will my proficiency with this firearm have decreased to such a point that it is futile to even have it? Or will I be out of practice, but able to still apply the fundamentals of marksmanship(Sight alignment-sight picture, recoil management, etc)? I guess what I am asking as I learned to shoot in the Marines, and haven't taken time of since, is whether or not marksmanship is a sustainable skill without practice. My fiance is fine with the idea of hiding the pistol, obviously it would not be used in home defense as using an unregistered firearm, regardless of the circumstances would make me subject to various criminal charges.
To Michael;

I grew up in Southern IL, I was well aware of the FOID card, but was under the impression that guns must be registered. Now granted I haven't lived there for going on 8 years, maybe its like MD and other states De-Facto registration(required for guns sold from state dealers, but not for private citizens). Thanks for that info. As for the lockbox, that is the idea, however if I have children I think it best to still keep that hidden away real well. As a child(namely 11-13/14) I had a nack for getting into things I shouldn't, my old mans playboy collection, liquor cabinet, etc... All locked up very well, some hidden, but I knew they existed. Combine that with my then rebellious streak, had I know about my dad handguns, I would have most likely looked for it, found it, played whiteboy wannabe gangsta(no racism intended), and gotten myself in a mess of trouble. So keeping it very hidden and very secret is also part of the plan. Thank you for your answer, it was very helpful.
I can't quite figure out how to choose a "best answer" lol, sorry Michael


I love the simplicity of Glock handguns. Point and shoot.
I have a Glock 23 (bought it a few years ago for my home).
I am intrested in a second one. Either full size or compact.
What caliber should I consider. I have shot a model 17 before, no negatives there. But, the alure of a .45 has me wanting to go big. Then there is the .357 sig. So many choices....


I want a subcompact .45 cal handgun and have narrowed it down to either the Glock 30 or 36. They both have their plus' and minus'. Which should I get??

I'm not against other calibers or brands so please suggest.


I am buying my first handgun, and obviously want something reliable, and powerful, I have about 500 to spend give or take. I am looking for a semi-automatic, as opposed to a revolver, 9mm or 45 caliber.
thank you





i am purchasing a new ahndgun and i can't decide between 9mm and 45 acp. At the moment the current calibers of my handguns are 380, 38, 357, 40sw . I have shot both 45 and 9mm, but i am stuck between waht model handgun and what caliber. Any suggestions?


So far, the most popular handgun calibers I've found have been 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP.
The 9mm seems to be too small a round, with little to no "knockdown" as it were. Simply, the only good thing I've found about it so far has been its inexpensive and theres far less recoil than other rounds, making it easier to shoot.

The .45 ACP is a huge round, with more than sufficient knockdown power, but its almost too big...

The compromise has been the .40, its got good enough knockdown like the .45 but has the better ballistics, speed and size like a 9mm for shooting.

Really I just want your opinions, those are my current premonitions, but I want to see what everyone else has to say.


I went to a gun store yesterday afternoon, and was interested in buying a gun for when I get my conceal carry permit in two weeks. I didn't buy anything because I don't know what to consider and what to stay away from. I also don't want to spend more than $600. I don't want a wheel gun or anything like that.
I really want something that is powerful but easy to control.
The salesman told me that I should decide between a 9mm, 357 auto, 40 caliber, and 45 caliber.
Which is better?
I'm 24 years old, and have only fired a wheel gun using 38 special. I'm inexperienced with semi auto's, but I'm only interested in those.
I am scheduled to take my ccw classes on August 19th and August 20th. First day is class, second is range. I live in Coshocton , Ohio


They always try to rhyme "9" or "22" in their songs with other words, but do they realize how minimum the stopping power on those two calibers are? They should stick to .40 S&W or .45 ACP on their handguns.

Also, do gangstas realize how dangerous sticking guns in their pants is? Why not by a belt and a cheap holster at least? Haven't they seen 8 Mile or heard what Plaxico Burres did?
Jeez Missy, it was a joke. I asked a similar joke question talking exclusively about holsters a few months back.
@representin: .223 & 5.56 are exactly the same size. The only difference is the metal used. And the US isn't going to replace the 5.56 with the 7.62 anytime soon. 5.56 is too accurate, and most assault weapons with a 7.62 is inaccurate and heavy and has terrible recoil issues.

Thanks for the serious answer though. Didn't think I'd get one in here. lol


Let's say the Doodlebops perform at your local performance center, and you're an attendee. The crowd and audience is rather violent, plagued by fights, bypassed weapons, drinking, and drugs. The Doodlebops play their opening song "We're the Doodlebops" and while the two Doodlebops ask where their fellow Doodlebop, Moe, is, Moe bolts back on the stage. A man throws a broken bottle at Moe, which angers him. Moe then produces what appears to be a .45-caliber semi-automatic Glock handgun, as the beat of the rythmn progresses, and unloads all 10 of the bullets in its magazine. You get hit by four of the 10 rounds, two of them hitting your head. Six other people are injured, three by gunshot wounds, and the other three by the panicing stampede. All three gunshot victims and a stampede victim are treated, and are released sometime by the next week, but you are in the hospital for weeks.

How would you deal with the situation knowing your life has been threatened with bullets? How do you want to get back at Moe, who is now imprisoned and awaiting trail on attempted murder, assault and weapon charges?


For personal protection what pistol caliber would work best? I already own a 9mm, but can't decide between a .357 sig or .45 auto. or maybe even a 40mm.


I am considering buying a handgun for taking to the range and for self/home-defense. I am thinking of learning to be a Proffessional Practical Shooter. I was wondering what model .40 - .45 caliber would be the best for this. Para Ordnace pxt? STI EDGE? I am open to hear for any sugestion.


Even machine guns have circular and rectangular magazines that contain 100 to 200 rounds of higher-caliber rounds than assault rifles. Why can't assault rifles have the same circular and rectangular magazines? Even with 7.62x51mm NATO rounds? More ammo means more kill right? I mean even in a simple street gang war, would you rather have a .45 but with only 7 rounds (+1 in the chamber) or another smaller caliber handgun but with 20 (+1 in the chamber)? Assuming you're not the best shooter in the world, more rounds means more kill, right?
Then, that assault rifle mag should have a stronger spring in order for it to push up the 100+ rounds. Springs aren't that difficult or expensive for even low-class companies to make anyways.

And the heavyness of the rifle could just be overcome by "getting used to it" right?
A hundred 7.62x51mm NATO rounds in one magazine would be great than just the usual 20 or 30.


I am considering buying a handgun that will eventually be kept for defensive purposes. I have been reading as much as I can about handguns in the past few weeks. I know about the dangers of keeping guns around, and I know that if I have one that means that I would have to shoot to kill or risk it being used against me. I'm also not completely new to firearms, and I intend to take a handgun course from the nearest place that gives one.

I'm only looking for personal recommendations from people who have experience with handguns. I'm not looking for the generic "whatever fits you best" answer as I am just looking where to start, so I don't know what fits me best. Also, I don't want to hear anything from gun control hippies.

The calibers I have considered looking at first are: .357 magnum, .357 SIG, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP. I don't want something with too much recoil, but I do want to be able to stop someone quickly.

As for the kind of gun I want, I would strongly prefer a revolver or a VERY reliable semi-automatic pistol. The only good kind of jam is strawberry jam.
I am cross-dominant but still intend on shooting right-handed, if that makes a difference.
*sigh* I guess I should have put this in my question: I know that a shotgun would be a much better choice, but I already have one and I am looking for a handgun. I also own a rifle.


I live in the state of Virginia and will be 21 in March. (You must be 21 to own a handgun in VA.) I am looking at options ahead of time so that I can get a gun as soon as possible after my birthday.

Some things that I have to consider when making a choice are size, caliber, and price. Price is a big one since I am attending college right now. Not a whole lot of extra cash lying around.

I am looking for a firearm that can be carried as a concealed weapon (I plan to get a permit) but something that I only need to fire once. (Assuming I hit my target) I realize that I may sound like some freak that is planning to do something horrible. Therefore, let me list my reasons for having a concealed weapon.

#1.) I do not hate the constitution.

#2.) I have no desire to use a gun in a confrontational way, but will use it for self defense if ABSOLUTELY neccessary.

#3.) For home defense and security.

I do not plan to carry a gun on me 24/7. But only when I go out of town and am around bad neighborhoods......like in Baltimore. Ugh.

Anyway I need a quality weapon that can be concealed well. Here are some options that I have thought of:

1911 Colt .45- Good all around hand gun, a bit pricy, but has plenty of kick. Not EXACTLY the easist concealed gun.

Smith and Wesson M&P 360 .375/.38 Revolver- Fires .38 and .375 rounds, small and easily concealed (snub nose) but only has a 5 round cylender. So I would only have 4 shots.

Please comment on these choices and make suggestions!!!

Thanks in advance!


i am thinking about getting a marlin 1894 in 45 colt. i am wondering if it is legal to use it as a big "handgun" because it is in a handgun caliber. it also has a 5 inch barrel, and uses straight walled cartridges. in my mind, this qualifies it as a "handgun" under ohio hunting regulations.
thinking about getting a marlin 1894 in 45 colt for deer hunting in ohio. in my mind it should qualify as a handgun. what are your thoughts? (srry, i misspoke, it has longer than a five inch barrel


write this as a News:
Facts:
Agnes was walking at about 5 a.m. along Mindanao Avenue when a gunman approached him from behind and without a word, shut him several times in the body. Agnes is Johnny Agnes, 19 of 83 Mindanao Avenue Maharlika Village, Taguig. He was on his way to a bakery. He was killed yesterday morning. He sustained multiple gunshot wounds and was declared Death On Arrival at the Philippine General Hospital
Police recovered from the scene several deformed slugs of .45 caliber handgun. Witnesses said the attackers walked casually after shooting Agnes and boarded at unmarked vehicle.

What sentences should be in the LEAD?
What sentences should be in the BRIDGE?
What sentences should be in the SUPPORTING DETAILS?

thank you so much if you answered this correctly


I know today the trend is toweds ballistic charts and large bores, so I expect that, still mine are
Handguns:
1 45 acp target & personal defense
2 9mm target & personal defense
3 22 lr / magnum recreational shooting

Rifles
1 7.62 x 39 mm deer hunting and varmints.
2 22 lr / Magnum for varmints and recreational shooting
3 12 gauge and .410 bore for multi purpose shotguns.

I am thinking of trying out the 327 Federal Magnum so I can use my supply of 32 S & W long for trail gun purposes. Besides I need another revolver, but I haven't ruled out the 357 magnum/ 38 special either. Any suggestions in regards to the brand I should look at?
Towards not toweds ha sorry


ok i have a 45. caliber handgun a springfield xd to be exact. its a semi auto and i was wondering something it says its 45 acp so i bought some rounds today winchester hollow points and it says jhp on them. can my gun shoot this safely without damaging it? is it meant to shoot that? need an answer asap plz.


Alright I got shot June 17 2008.. The bullet which was a 45 caliber handgun went through the left side of my back it went in me like in a angle as it ended up puncturing my right lung. I had to have an emergency surgery to stop my lung from filling up in blood and collapsing (A LOT OF PRESSURE PAIN IN YOUR LUNGS BY THE WAY).. Anyways they inserted a chest tube in me to drain out the blood in my lung and gave me this machine the next day to practice my breathing and make my lung start working again.. Anyways they couldn't remove the bullet they said it was to risky and doing so could kill me I think because it was stuck around my lungs and kidneys how I don't know. I went to the doctor a few times after for check ups I developed Pneumonia after they gave me antibiotics and I got better I went back home and I got better and stopped going till this day I feel alright. Sometimes when I lay down a certain way I get this Muscle Cramp feeling on the back right side of my body and sometimes takes my breath away but It passes after I stretch it out a little. I'm wondering in the future will this develop any serious problems? I can deal with a little bit of pain but what's the worst that can happen? THANKS!............ For those who plan on saying go to the doctor. I'm unemployed got laid of 4 weeks ago .. Still looking I have no insurance. I owe 20,580 dollars in hospital bills already for this incident I don't need more bills piling up unless it's life threatening..


I'm thinking about getting a .45 caliber 1911, and I was wondering if suppressors (or silencers) were banned. If not, what are the circumstances of them being restricted?



What is your firearm of choice for home defense?

I've talked to some people who prefer shotguns, and some who prefer different calibers of pistol.

For me, I think the 9mm or .38 is great for home defense.

There are pros and cons to both though.

The shotgun is a good choice because the intruder may hear the sliding before he even sees the home owner. At night when it's dark, you don't have to aim your shotgun as much as you'd need to aim your pistol, and you don't have to worry about it penetrating through a wall as much as a pistol. Also very good at close-medium range.

Some of it's downfalls are it's big and harder to maneuver than a pistol. Especially when you're fumbling through the house, or in your hallway.

A pistol is a good choice, because it's easier to carry. Especially with a flash light. It may be a little more difficult to hit your target, but that's why you should be properly trained to use it in different scenarios. I think a 9mm or .38 is a good caliber. It isn't so powerful that it's going to penetrate a bunch of walls, but it's strong enough to get the job done. A .45 is a mean handgun with a lot of recoil, and will most likely penetrate walls. A .40 may still be a good choice, but again, your chances of penetrating walls are lower with a 9mm or a .38

My choice is the 9mm or .38 pistol with a laser sight. Easier to carry and easier to maneuver.

Just my opinion.

What do you prefer, and why?


I am looking into coming up north (NE Alberta) this fall for a hunting trip.

What are the requirements for me to bring my rifle and ammo into Canada to go hunting?

Can I hunt deer with a handgun in Canada (45 LC revolver)?

Are there any restrictions on type of rifle or caliber?

Looking at an Elk hunt using a 303 British
Do I need a 5 round mag or is the 10 round ok?
Odd but proven and have been around for years
I do have more modern but I like the old stuff better.


can police officers use a .45 colt?or is that a to big caliber?
can you name the handguns that you can use and the caliber size?
including the magnums you can use,etc...


I want to know which 45 acp pistol (not revolver) has the highest mag capacity. Also, I want to know about real handguns, not a tommy gun (since that's really just a cut-down version of a pistol-caliber rifle). 10 points will be awarded to the first correct answer. So far, the largest that I saw were the full-size springfields, which hold 13+1 rounds.
Exclude the drum magazines, since you really can't use them for concealed carry.
I know that Justin, but my state doesn't limit mag capacity.


Which ones do you like and why?

I have a Taurus .45 and I was happy with both accuracy and the power. But today I got myself a Ruger Blackhawk .44 magnum...much more power, and more accurate. I frankly love it. The .44 mag impact I like, and the ruger's grip/feel, accuracy, etc. is very satisfying.

What higher caliber handguns do you prefer, and why?


Is a .357 magnum more powerfull than a .45 caliber?


I like kimber's 1911's is stainless longer-lasting???


First, let's not knock the caliber. I already have a .45 ACP.

Here's my criteria:
1. Price is an object. I'd like to spend no more then $500.
2. I'd prefer something with a 4" barrel minimum, 5" preferred.
3. Not for concealed carry.
4. Accurate.
5. Reliable

Thanks.


I'm thinking a Kimber Crimson Carry, for daily carrying any suggestions?


I recently purchased a .45 caliber pistol and cant find ammo at local stores or online. Where can I still find ammo other than at my range and why is everyone hoarding it? Also is it now worth it to start reloading my own or will that be hoarded as well with gunpowder being hard to find eventually?
thank you Mr. President
BTW - I have tried Abes, Cabelas, Cheaper than Dirt, MidwayUSA most all online stores that come up in either a google or yahoo search and they are all outr of stock other than the really expensive ones that no one wants. I am going to take a run to walmart just to see it they have anything letf.





Im 14 years old. I weigh 125 pounds and am 6 foot. I want to know what size gun i can handle. Could i handle a .45 handgun? Could i handle a 30-06 rifle or a .243 win or both of them?





I am looking to get a glock 45 caliber handgun and I just need some names of some good reliable stores that would have them and that give satisfactory customer service. Thanks for your time and please answer
I live in Utah


I want something that conceals comfortably in a iwb holster.
I'm only interested in Glocks (I have experience shooting my neighbors' 9mm, 40 cal, and 45.) I found that Glock feels best in my hand.
Hopefully, someone can either ease, or confirm my worries about each caliber, and help me decide on what might be best.
I was trying to decide between these Glock handguns:

Glock 19: I've heard that Glock specializes in the 9mm, but I'm worried about lack of stopping power.

Glock 23: I've heard the 40 cal is an almost perfect self defense round, but I'm worried about it's ability to penetrate as good as a 9mm. (For me, I want superior penetration, along with good expansion).

Glock 30: From what I read, the 45 caliber offers excellent stopping power. However, I'm worried that the short barrel slows down the bullet, and I'm concerned about lack of penetration and lack of expansion.

Glock 32: I've heard that the 357 sig has extreme penetration, but I'm worried that it is expensive, and hard to find at local stores (especially in an emergency).

I've also held a Glock 29 at my nearest gunstore, but the grip is way to big for my hands (I have small hands).
I'm scheduled to take my CCW class in the beginning of next month.
I really want a caliber that penetrates between at least 15"-18"


I got my new 40 caliber pistol home from the gun show and realized it has no safety.It being my first handgun I overlooked this because I was so excited over how good the gun feels in my hand.They now make the .45 with a thumb safety but can anyone tell me why they would manufacture a gun with no safety?If you pull it out of the holster and accidentally contact the trigger it could be trouble.I love the gun but I have to be on my toes 100% when handling loaded.


i'm about to invest in a handgun for personal defense and the type caliber i've decided to carry is the .40 s&w. i decided to go with this caliber for the following reasons and i want some feedback on my decision as well as your personal opinion on this particular caliber.

1.50% more power than a 9mm, and most .40 rounds have more power than a "standard" power .45acp round.

2.pretty good capacity.(the beretta i'm getting holds 14 in the mag)

3. 70% of american police agencies carry a .40 as their duty pistol

4. ammo is cheaper than a .45acp(thats not a knock against the .45 acp, just stating facts)

5.recoil is not excessive at all for most people (definitely not for me i'm 5'11 and a half, 250 plus)

holla at me with the feedback


What is a good amount of bullet penetration for home defense? I am talking about handguns. Will large calibers such as 45, 10mm, 357, or 44 magnum overpenetrate. Also what home defense setup do you use as far as weapons, ammo, and magazines.


MARYVILLE, Ill. a�� A gunman walked down the aisle of a church during a Sunday service and killed the pastor, then stabbed himself and two others as parishioners wrestled him to the ground, authorities said.

The man walked into the sprawling brick First Baptist Church in Maryville shortly after 8 a.m. and briefly spoke with Pastor Fred Winters before pulling out a .45-caliber handgun and shooting Winters once, said Illinois State Trooper Master Trooper Ralph Timmins.

The gun jammed before the man could fire again


Many have claimed the gun jammimg is divine intervention...but if god had been faster perhaps the pastor could have been saved. Was this intentional on gods part?


ain't that what you want in a handgun
Or maybe a dead enemy


im about to invest in a handgun for self defense purposes and i was wondering how powerful is the 9mm? i know it uses a .35 bullet and of course the .40s&w and the .45 are bigger, heavier bullets but i also know that 9mm comes in 3 pressure "standard' "+p" and "+p+" and i hear that agencies including boder patrol and the secret service used to utillize the 115 grain +p jacketed hollow point bullet for their duty round. so give me you alls opinions on the 9mm and would you choose to have one in your personal collection


i always like to use .45-.50 caliber revolvers or .45 glocks, but further than twenty-five feet i have very little control. the .357 magnum is usable, but only from less than forty feet (for me). and a .22 does nothing at all (i hunt with these guns).

how can i get control over the larger handguns, and how can i find a very heavy .357 (for enough control and enough power)?


I have a few questions about black powder revolvers. With muzzle loading revolvers it is recommended that you used black powder as the propellant and a ball as the bullet. However I would like to know if pyrex pellets could replace the black powder and a sabot to replace the ball bullet. First I am concerned with te plastic piece the falls off of the sabot after it leaves the barrel. In a revolver the bullet has to jump a small gap so I am worried that the plastic piece may fall off early, maybe damaging the gun. Also pyrex is a much more reliable but more powerful of a propellant. Could pyrex be too much for a handgun? Could it be dangerous? Also I have a bullet finding delema. Many muzzleloading revolvers are .44 caliber balls. I can only find .45 caliber sabots. If I choose to try and use pyrex and sabots can I use .45 caliber bullets?


I am an avid shooter, I go about 2-3x a week and shoot between 300-1000 shots a week. I was wondering if after BTE, AIT, and Specialty school if you are allowed to wear your own sidearm (as long as it matches military caliber). Also what kind of handguns do soldiers carry? I would like to bring my Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm or .40, or my Kimber .45, is this a possibility?
300-1000 rounds, not shots, on a spectrum of firearms.
cowboys? how would wanting a sidearm I am more comftorable and qualified with make me a cowboy? quite the opposite, but I appreciate the superflous comment, dick.
what is the standard issued firearm, brand, caliber, and capacity?
I hate how the beretta m9 is 1. very wide and 2. has a long trigger pull for the 1st shot, then becomes a single action after that. thank you for the answers though.

No comments:

Post a Comment